This Week's Spelling Words:
This Week's Skills:
(and some online games for fun practice!!)
1. High-Frequency Words: after, over, we, you, go, girl, boy, ago, & old.
2. Ending Sounds - The last sound you hear in a word.
3. Making Inferences - When you use what you already know and what you just read to draw a conclusion about what might happen next. http://www.pspb.org/blueribbon/games/detective/DetectiveGame.html
4. Characters - Who or what the story is about.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqEqT7wG9zA
5. Poem - Genre that has a rhythm or a beat, repeated phrases, and rhyming words.http://pbskids.org/wordworld/characters/game_frm.html
6. Writing Dates - Dates should have the month, date, and year. Month should always be capitalized and a comma should always come after the date and before the year. For example: January 14, 2013
This Week's Vocabulary Words:
1. sketched - A quick drawing of important parts.
2. compass - Shows direction.
3. symbols - A picture or letter used to mean something else.
4. arrive - To come to a place.
5. practice - To do over and over to get better.
This Week's Math Skills:
1. Counting On or Making Ten:http://www.abcya.com/addition.htm
Social Studies: Christmas Holiday
Science: Earth's Resources